Excessive Sweating: Don’t Sweat It!
We walked into work this morning caked in humidity, covered in sweat (from the car to the front door) and, even worse, with bad hair! The real issue: sweating too much and the negative effects it can have on the body. “In hyperhidrosis, the body's cooling mechanism is so overactive that it produces four or five times the amount of sweat that you need.” This can amount to liters worth of valuable water shed from your body every day!
How do you combat excessive sweating, especially when it affects your daily life? Here are a few tips:
- Lower the amount of stress in your life – yep, stress is the number one thing to nix off your list so get crackin!
- Bathe 1 or 2 times a day and don’t scrub your skin too much – dry your skin well afterwards.
- Use a deodorant with antiperspirant and try putting it on at night before bed.
- Keep an extra shirt tucked away somewhere at all times (just in case).
- Limit hot drinks (coffee – gasp!) that will make you sweat more.
Stress relieving massages with specific treatments to drain your body of excess fluids (lymphatic drainage, for example) is a great start to tackling this embarrassing problem without all the hassle of trying fancy at home tricks or seeing a physician.
Take some time to relax, be calm and, hopefully, collect your thoughts and conquer the days ahead – stress and sweat free!
CEO | Special Effects Spa
p.s. “There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few that we feel like doing today.” ~Mignon McLaughlin